Do you feel too sad often? Do you hear voices in your head? Are you always too anxious about life? Are you having suicidal thoughts, insomnia, irrational fear, obsession, racing thoughts, etc., Or you generally worried about your mental health? When last did you see a psychiatrist? Perhaps you don’t have time to book an appointment at the hospital?
Well, you don’t need to worry anymore because with the concierge psychiatrist a phone call away in Chicago, you will have yourself evaluated, diagnosed, treated, and followed up in your place, and at a time of your choosing. Make that call today.
Mental health is very important. We must have strong mental health to function seamlessly and live a happy life, yet, we are often so focused on our physical body that we often forget our mental health.
Why Should You Consult a Concierge Psychiatrist in Chicago?
It would help if you saw a psychiatrist when you are in doubt of your mental health; when you think you have panic attacks, hallucinations, becoming too sad, having severe fluctuations in mood, feeling too agitated, having anxiety, addiction problems, or feeling so hopeless that nothing seems to help you overcome these feelings.
Such feelings as these will make your life appear dull and unfulfilling, and that is why you should reach out to a concierge psychiatrist in Chicago.
What Are the Various Disorders That a Concierge Psychiatrist in Chicago Treat?
If you have any of these, please reach out to your concierge psychiatrist in Chicago:
- Depression: This is characterized by a prolonged period of sadness and despondence, lack of interest in hitherto pleasurable activities, and even suicidal thoughts. Unfortunate events could precipitate it, yet at times, it results from a genetic predisposition. The common types of depression based on the severity and duration of occurrence are:
- Major depression
- Dysthymia (often much less severe than major depression)
- Bipolar disorder (depression alternating with inordinate happiness)
- Psychotic depression (when depression comes with dissociation from reality and other symptoms like a hallucination)
- Anxiety: This is characterized by excessive anxiety over everything beyond what a normal person would feel. There might be symptoms like insomnia, panic, phobias, intrusive thoughts, and obsessive-compulsive disorders, amongst others. If you feel you might be having anxiety, reach out to the concierge psychiatrist in Chicago.
- Schizophrenia: This can run within families and comes with disordered thinking, anti-social attitude, and dissociation from reality. It is usually common between the ages of 15 and 24. There are different types namely:
- Paranoid schizophrenia (feelings of persecution, hallucination, and the fear that one is being watched)
- Disorganized schizophrenia (the person exhibits disorganized speaking and behavior)
- Catatonic schizophrenia (the person can remain immobile or move about continuously for hours at times)
- Residual schizophrenia
- Obsessive-compulsive behaviors (OCD): Patients exhibit recurrent, repetitive obsessive behavior to the point that it interferes with routine activities. They may also have anxiety so pronounced that it could lead to panic attacks. These symptoms require the attention of the concierge psychiatrist. Reach out to one through our website.
- Bipolar disorder: Patients levitate between episodes of extremely low mood and extreme high mood. It often causes a huge disruption in normal life activities and sufferers should see a psychiatrist.
- Post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD): This disorder is associated with trauma and near-death experiences like sexual assault, war, armed robbery attacks, etc. The mind continues to remember the events, and the brain repeatedly expresses fear even long after the terrifying experience is over. Often patients require holistic psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, and management. Our website will link you to the best concierge psychiatric in Chicago to help you in this regard.
Types of Concierge Psychiatry Specializations in Chicago
After becoming a doctor, a doctor might decide to go to specialize in other fields like psychiatry. And going further, some psychiatrists go to sub-specialize in other areas like adult psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, forensic (legal) psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, pain medicine, psychosomatic or mind, and body medicine, sleep medicine.
- Adult psychiatry: they are the ones who specialize in family psychiatry, and they manage adults, educating them about mental health, offer lifestyle advice, medications, and occupational therapy.
- Addiction psychiatry: they are mostly concerned with mental health and its relationship with substance abuse. They are certified to undertake evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients who have addiction conditions, and also their mental health in general.
- Child and adolescent psychiatry: they are concerned with childhood and adolescent conditions like ADHD, emotional and behavioral conditions, and autism. They are often the ones to encounter the earliest signs of mental health disorders in children and adolescents which often result in mental health disorders in adults such as conditions like anorexia nervosa, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia.
- Forensic psychiatry: they are certified to manage criminal offenders, helping the court and the government to treat criminal situations and assess their mental states. They also provide legal opinions as well as involuntary treatment of suspected mentally deranged offenders.
- Neuropsychiatry: doctors in neuropsychiatry are also referred to as organic psychiatrists. They take care of the fallout from the relationship between brain disorders, and behavior.
- Geriatric psychiatry: doctors in this area of sub-specialization are concerned with the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of age-related mental, and medical disorders like dementia, Hutchinson’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease.
What Is the Consultation Fee for Concierge Psychiatry Chicago?
The fee structure of a concierge psychiatrist in Chicago will depend on multiple factors. If you decide to choose a monthly or yearly plan, the price range might be $50 to $5000 per month. Paying per visit is another option, and it might range from $100 to $500 per visit. If you end up requiring any procedural intervention, that would be an additional expense.
Top 5 Treatments Offered by the Concierge Psychiatrists in Chicago
The top five concierge psychiatric treatments are available in Chicago. If you want to receive medical care for the below-mentioned treatments, you will find some top concierge psychiatric in Chicago on this website.
- Medication: The psychiatrist uses a wide range of drugs to treat mental illnesses. The common ones are antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood-stabilizing drugs, and anti-anxiety drugs. They are used to alleviate the symptoms of patients with mental illness to try to:
- Lift them from depression; control the feelings of sadness, despondence, and suicidal thoughts. Examples are sertraline, duloxetine, and bupropion.
- Control the symptoms of psychosis-like hallucination. Examples are: aripiprazple, asenapine, clozapine, and olanzapine.
- To suppress symptoms of bipolar disorder like the feeling of sadness alternating with extreme happiness, decreased sleep, restlessness, racing thoughts, and short attention span. Examples are lithium, valproic acid, divalproex sodium, and carbamazepine.
- To ameliorate anxiety symptoms like agitation, insomnia, panic, and disorder. Examples are: benzodiazepine, Gabapentin, pregabalinen, and buspirone.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: The doctor tries to identify the destructive or negative thought pattern of the patient which predisposes them to the mental health condition. Through the different processes of journaling and role-playing together with several techniques of relaxation and distraction, the patient is taught to be able to replace these negative thoughts with positive ones that help them overcome the mental illness.
- Psychotherapy: In psychotherapy, the doctor helps the patient to have a good insight and understanding of his condition, moods, thoughts, feelings, and behavior. Armed with this knowledge, the patient is then encouraged to take charge of himself.
- Brain stimulation: This class of treatment comes into play when psychotherapy and medication fail. It is mostly used for depression and involves using electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, vagus, and deep brain stimulation.
- Substance abuse (addiction) treatment: The doctor tries to resolve addiction disorders since most times, addiction disorders and mental health disorders go hand in hand.
Do Concierge Psychiatrist in Chicago Provide Counselling Sessions?
Yes, there are counselling sessions offered by concierge psychiatry Chicago. You should visit the concierge psychiatrists in Chicago if you have any relationship problems, family issues or need career counseling.